Some frequent flyers regard the occasional free upgrade as a well-deserved perk, and are alarmed that it might be eroded if the innovative trend of auctioning off of empty flat beds to the highest bidders continues to grow.
What may not be generally known is that beneficiaries of these little perks are not picked randomly, but by scanning an aircraft’s manifest for the airlines premium card holders thus signifying the high-spending traveler.
So ….. how “Upwardly Mobile” are you?
5 Tips on how to get from cattle class to first class.
* Put on a suit and tie and grin broadly at every member of airline staff you encounter in the airport
warning: this may, however, get you offloaded
* Travel alone, thereby qualifying for the not-uncommon occasions when a single traveller must be moved from economy to business class because of overbooking
warning: this may upset your loved ones
* Buy an expensive economy ticket; when staff evaluate passengers for an upgrade, the fare paid is taken into account
warning: this may prove to be costly in the event the plane is full
* Remain loyal to one airline and fly frequently; if you acquire “gold” or “silver” status, you will be on the SFU (“suitable for upgrade”) list
warning: can be an expensive way of getting the occasional “bargain”
* Marry a pilot or member of cabin crew
warning: bit drastic and does not guarantee an upgrade
Which ever method you choose to explore, be sure that you have spoken with David at http://www.myMAPofSeychelles.com to ensure that you did manage to get your Seychelles Accommodation upgrade to compliment your enhanced airline status.